Tuesday 20 October 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Wishes I'd Ask The Bookish Genie to Grant Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and this week the theme is wishes that we'd want the bookish genie to grant us. This isn't a hard one for me, considering there are so many bookish things that I need (I surpassed want a long time ago).

A BEAUTY AND THE BEAST LIBRARY
I've had this dream ever since I was a little girl, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was on everybody's lists. Beauty and the Beast was my favourite movie as a kid, and is still my second favourite Disney film to this day (Tangled for the win). Whilst most children fantasise about becoming a princess or being a movie star, my ultimate goal was to have a library like the Beast gives to Belle. Ultimate goals.

NONE OF THE THRONE OF GLASS SQUAD TO DIE
It probably won't surprise you that one of my biggest worries is one of the core cast of Throne of Glass characters dying later on in the series, particularly my one true love Rowan Whitethorn. I could say this for any book series that I love, but I think that I'd cry the most if Sarah J Maas killed off one of her main characters.

A NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK
I mean what I'd really love is a seven book long series about the marauders, but I'd take anything that I was given. This one doesn't really need an explanation.

DECENT REPRESENTATION
I really, really want to see more representation of different genders/races/sexualities/ideologies in books. It's definitely getting better, but at the moment I really don't think that fiction is diverse enough. I don't just mean putting an Asian character in for the sake of diversity--rather, I want characters from different walks of life to be fairly represented. I may live in a Tory country, but I don't want the entirety of fiction to be filled with mostly white middle class men.

ANOTHER BOOKSHELF
Okay, I don't really need this but right now my shelves are absolutely overflowing. It takes considerable effort to find space for one more book and right now I wouldn't say no to another bookshelf.

A NEW MELINA MARCHETTA BOOK
Melina Marchetta is one of my favourite authors and I would die with happiness if she published another book sometime soon. I would read it no matter what genre it was, and I'm pretty sure that it would instantly become a new favourite.

A WAY TO CATCH UP ON MY TBR PILE
I own so many unread books at the moment, and there is little I wouldn't do to be given a TARDIS or something so I could catch up with all those books. Ever since I started my A Levels in September I've had little free time to just read and that's making me really sad.

MEET J.K. ROWLING
I'm sure she gets told this all the time, but I really want to go up to her and tell her how she literally shaped my childhood, and how she is the reason that I want to be a writer. From what I can gather by her twitter account and all the charity she does, JK Rowling also seems like a wonderful person.

BUFFY TO BECOME A BOOK SERIES
Now I know there are Buffy books out there, but what I really want is the book version of the TV show. I know you couldn't possibly include everything that's in the show, but I would sell my soul to read something that has the same emotion and same feeling that the show did. Also, who wouldn't want to read about a certain blonde vampire?

TO BE ABLE TO READ MY FAVOURITE BOOKS FOR THE FIRST TIME AGAIN
Oh, there is so much I would give to be able to read certain books again without any memory of reading it before. Imagine reading "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much" for the first time, knowing nothing more than the title of the book you were reading. I really, really wish that was possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS